House of Opium
Golden Triangle, THAILAND
Plan to visit us
Museum Hours, Admission Fees and Transportation
- Museum Hours 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM Everyday
- Admission Fee 50 baht per person (Thai visitors and foreigners)
1 selectable souvenir postcard. No admission fee for children
Sombat TourThere are many bus trips from the Bangkok Bus Terminal (Mochit) on Kampaengphet 2 Road every day.
- Bangkok – Chiang Saen line to Chiang Saen. Get a taxi to the museum in Sobruak village.
- Bangkok – Chiang Rai line to Chiang Rai. Transfer to the Green Bus (see details below) to Chiang Saen. Get a taxi to the museum in Sobruak village.
- From Mueang Chiang Rai District, there is a small bus route: Chiang Rai – Chiang Saen.
- From Chiang Saen District, the three-wheel motorcycle taxi service can take you to our museum in Sobrauk village.
There are flights between Bangkok and Chiang Rai every day from Don Mueang Airport and Suvarnabhumi Airport. Each flight takes about an hour. The fares and flights can be checked at the websites of airlines.
Nakhon Sawan – Lampang – Phayao – Chiang Rai route starts from Rangsit Road to Phaholyothin Road (Highway No. 1). Turn left to Highway No. 32 in Wang Noi District. Pass Ayutthaya, Sing Buri, Chainat, Nakhon Sawan, Kampaengphet, Tak, Lampang, Phayao Provinces and then enter Chiang Rai Province. Take Phaholyothin Road in order to go to Mae Chan District. Turn right to Chiang Saen District. After arriving at Chiang Saen District, turn left to Mae Sai District and go straight for about 10 kilometers to go to the Golden Triangle.
Nakhon Sawan – Phitsanulok – Phrae – Chaing Rai route has the same starting point as that of the first route. After arriving at Nakhon Sawan Province, enter Phitsanulok Province in order to go to Uttaradit, Phrae, Phayao and Chiang Rai Province. Take Phaholyothin Road to Mae Chan District. Turn right to Chiang Saen District. After arriving at Chiang Saen District, turn left to Mae Sai District. Go straight for about 10 kilometers to go to the Golden Triangle.
Tourist Attractions Nearby
House of Opium
212, Moo 1, Tambon Wiang, Umpoe Chiang Saen, Chiang Rai Province 57150
For more information about transportation, please call 053-784-060 (Thai language only).